1.What is the continuous casting and rolling method
Continuous casting and rolling is a combination of continuous casting and rolling deformation to complete in one process, that is, the casting and rolling process is completed in the rotation of a pair of rolls. When molten aluminum is cooled and solidified, it receives a certain amount of pressure and produces a certain amount of plastic deformation.
2.What is the continuous casting and rolling method
Continuous casting and rolling is a hot rolling mill installed behind the continuous casting machine. Before the continuous casting slab (rod) billet is cooled to below the recrystallization temperature, the slab (rod) billet undergoes plastic deformation under the rolling force of the rolling mill.
3.The main difference between continuous casting and rolling
In the continuous casting and rolling process, the casting process and the rolling process are completely synchronized; while the continuous casting and rolling process is to complete the continuous casting first, and then complete the rolling of the billet on the subsequent hot rolling mill.
4.The basic production process of both
Aluminum ingot → smelting furnace → standing furnace → degassing → filtering → casting nozzle → casting and rolling mill → guide wheel → coiler aluminum ingot → melting furnace → standing furnace → degassing → filtering → continuous casting machine → hot finishing mill
5.Advantages and disadvantages of continuous casting and rolling
- The equipment is simple and centralized, which shortens the time from molten aluminum-ingot-ingot processing-hot-rolled strip, saving ingot casting, sawing, milling, ingot heating, billeting, hot rolling, etc. The working procedure simplifies the production process, shortens the production cycle, improves labor productivity, and has a high degree of automation;
- Energy saving and consumption reduction. The production line of the continuous casting and rolling process has reasonable configuration, compact structure and convenient operation, which reduces the energy consumption of a series of processes required for hot rolling; C. There are few geometric wastes such as cutting heads and tails, and high yield , Low production cost;
- Due to the thin thickness of the continuous cast-rolled strip, it can be directly cold-rolled after cooling, which saves the electric energy and heat consumed by the high-power hot rolling mill and ingot heating; E. The equipment investment is small, the effect is fast, and the investment recovery period is low. Short, small footprint, fast construction speed, suitable for the construction of small and medium-sized aluminum sheet and strip enterprises;
- Continuous cast-rolled billets can completely replace hot-rolled billets for the production of aluminum and aluminum alloy plates, strips, and foils; G. Partially recycled scrap can be used as raw materials, with low production costs and competitive prices.
- The variety of alloys that can be produced is less than that of hot rolling, especially alloys with a large crystallization temperature range are more difficult to produce. They are limited to the production of pure aluminum and soft alloys. The application range is not as wide as continuous casting and rolling and hot rolling;
- The casting-rolling speed is low, and the output of a single equipment is low; C. The product variety and specifications cannot be changed frequently;
- Because the ingot cannot be milled and trimmed, it will have an adverse effect on some chemically treated and high-quality products; E. The production of some special products, such as deep-drawn products, requires special production Process assurance.
6.Advantages and disadvantages of continuous casting and rolling
- Because the thickness of the continuous casting and rolling slab is thin, and it can be rolled directly with waste heat, it saves the high-power hot rolling mill, ingot heating equipment and milling equipment;
- The production line is simple and centralized. From smelting to rolling out of the strip, the product can be carried out continuously in one production line, which simplifies many intermediate processes such as ingot sawing, milling, heating, hot rolling, and transportation, and simplifies the production process. , Shorten the production cycle;
- Less geometric waste and high yield rate;
- High degree of mechanization and automation;
- Less equipment investment and low production cost.
- There are few alloys that can be produced, especially alloys with a large crystallization temperature range cannot be produced;
- Product varieties and specifications are not easy to change frequently;
- Since the surface of the ingot cannot be milled and trimmed, it will have an adverse effect on some products that require chemical treatment and high surface requirements;
- Due to performance limitations, some special products cannot be produced, such as canned materials;
- The output is restricted. If the scale of production needs to be expanded, the only way to increase the number of production lines.
LMM GROUP One stop solution for steel industry – Steel Intelligent leader.
This article is an original LMMGROUP article, please indicate the source ifyou need to
reprint. Otherwise we will report copyright infringement